Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Inspired by a song - Tonight

Welcome.
I found an intriguing challenge; design a project based on a song.  At the same time, another challenge proposed a sketch that I knew would work with my idea.  Here's the result.
The song I selected was "Tonight" from West Side Story.  Here's the sketch:


I imagined the skyline (from Cricut's Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge) as a good substitute for the grass.  I like the idea of the moon with a halo.
At first I tried alcohol inks on the black paper but, of course, they didn't work.  It did put in some blotches that textured the sky.  The stars are the silver metallic medium for the alcohol inks.  I used the end of a toothpick to dab the dots on.  I'm quite pleased with how it turned out.

I'm entering this in the Paper Play Sketches challenge and the Cardz 4 Galz challenge.  Please, visit both these blogs to see the inspirations they contain.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Creating.
Rae Ann

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! Thanks for sharing at Paper Play Sketches.
    ~Owner/DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the sketch and interpretation of the theme.
    Thanks for joining us at Cardz4Galz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A clever way to cover our challenge, good song choice. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete