Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Meow-y Christmas Card at Exploring Cricut

Hello!  Today I have the card I made for the family that gave me my cat.  He was originally called 'Butterscotch' which matches his colors but I renamed him 'DeeJay' because he is quite a talker and it made me think of some of the quick-talking DJ's of the 60's and 70's
 
 
I used the Meow cartridge for the little cat, milk and bowl and fishbone.  I used the Just Because cartridge to cut out the shape that the photo sits in.  I actually cut a 2 1/2 inch hole in the tree paper, and a 2 inch hole in the white; then, I mounted the picture behind them.  The little Christmas lights came from the Create a Critter cartridge; they decorate the reindeer's head.  The touch of glitter on one side of them really brightened up the card.
 
I think this is the best picture I've ever been able to take of DeeJay.  He usually turns away when he sees the camers.  My friends always ask about him so I know they'll like this card.
 
Please continue to visit Exploring Cricut each day for inspiration from our design team and join us next Monday for another challenge.
 
I hope all of you are safe and well as this weather changes into winter mode.
Have fun creating.
Rae Ann


2 comments:

  1. What a great card and what a lovely thought too. I am sure that DeeJay's former family will appreciate it. TFS : ) Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Rae Ann!! I love the picture of DeeJay and the great cuts that you used. :)

    ReplyDelete