Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Cards with Exploring Cricut

Well, with Thanksgiving over is everyone in the Christmas mood.  Here at Exploring Cricut we are.  The challenge this week is to make a Christmas card using any cartridge, any colors.
My card is made from A Quilted Christmas and Phrases (I  think it's called a pedestal card).  It's the standard A2, 4 1/4 x  5 1/2 inches.  I used some leftover Christmas paper from last year and touched-up Santa with gold glitter on his coat and a product called Snow Write on the clothing edges (it goes on solid white but dries to a pretty glitter).
The "stopper" to help the card stand is a row of poinsetta's from the Phrases cartridge which I glued onto a strip of cardstock to make it rise up a little..
 
I hope our challenge is putting you in the spirit to make some cards.  Please show us your creations at Exploring Cricut.  Visit the blog today and everyday for ideas from our design team.
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy creating.
Rae Ann

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Rae Ann! Thanks for being a part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card-that Santa looks perfect, and I love the pedestal card fold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Rae Ann!! Love the Santa cut and the wonderful papers. Great card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Rae Ann! I love all the detailing;)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this easel card Rae Ann!!!
    TFS
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz O.

    ReplyDelete