Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm an now a Cricut Lover!

It's been a long time since I've been able to blog.  I've been spending more time making things for my group, Inchies-1x1 and Paperfollies, and now, experimenting with my Cricut.

I love searching online for ideas and tutorials and found the site, Fantabulous Cricut.  They have a Monday Challenge and I've entered in two of them.

The first Fantabulous Cricut Challenge I entered was to make something containing a ghost.  I used elements from Simply Charmed and My Community.  Here's my effort...



My second entry in a Fantabulous Cricut Challenge  was called 'for the birds'.  I used the Pagoda Cartridge to create this...


Having the themes to provide a direction is fun and challenging. 

While experimenting with Cricut cardmaking I realized I have the perfect gift for my sister this year.  She gives a lot of Birthday and Get Well cards during the year so I am making her a collection of cards she can use.  Here are some of the easy designs I've come up with so far...

The words came from George and Basic Shapes.


This is a variaton of the card in Just Because.

The cake and phrase are from Simply Charmed.  One of the flowers is from George and Basic Shapes.

The scalloped background is from Just Because.  The words are from Simply Charmed; I punch a circle out where the little smiley faces are.

These are only a few of the items I've made.  More will be posted later but, as you see, I'm really enjoying my cricut.







No comments:

Post a Comment