Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Another Challenge at Exploring Cricut

Welcome to another challenge at Exploring Cricut.  For this challenge, include 2 cricut cuts, some  design paper and the color blue in a card, layout, or paper project..

I used the Destinations cartridge for the bridge (cut at 2 1/2 inches) and the Art Deco cartridge for the ship (cut at 3 inches).  This is a regular A2 card (4 1/4 x b 1/2 inches).  I just did some free-hand cuts to simulate land to balance the design.
The design sheet is the sky; it's amazing how a fancy pattern can resemble clouds when it is used in a background like this.
The blues are obvious.  I  added some gold glitter glue to the ship and some diamond glitter glue for waves on the water.
I think this is my subconscious wish to get away from this cold weather (lol).

Share your response to this challenge at Exploring Cricut.  We love to see your creations.  Visit each day to see what design team members have done.

Happy creating.  Keep warm.
Rae Ann

6 comments:

  1. Love your card and I want to jump on that ship and sail someplace warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card and love the touch of glitter!!

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-love all the details you did, especially the shoreline-great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun, Fun, Fun. Love the tip about the paper for the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great perspective in this card. It makes me wish I were on that boat! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card Rae Ann!!!! Makes me want to jump onboard and sail away to a warmer climate!!! :)

    ReplyDelete