Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, January 28, 2013

Exploring Cricut Challenge - Cricut Choice

Exploring Cricut has a great challenge this week.  The challenge requires at least 1 embellishment, 2 patterned papers, and 3 cricut cuts.
Since I became a member of the Exploring Cricut Design Team I've tried to go beyond my comfort zone into types of projects I don't usually do.  This challenge is perfect for a decoration for my apartment door.  I photographed it on a closet door because I never get good quality pictures in the hallway.  The doors are metal; I found magnet hooks that work well.


The 3 cricut cuts are the Queen and King of Hearts from Teddy Bear Parade and the banners from the Phrases cartridge.  The 2 patterned papers are a pink and light green background paper for the Queen and King and the pinkish-red patterned paper on the center triangle.  That pinkish-red pattern is also used in the Queen's skirt and crown and the King's jacket and crown.  The embellishments are the red glittered hearts on the center triangle.  I stamped Happy Valentine's Day with a $1 stamp from Michael's onto white paper I cut for it.
Check out what the other members of the Design Team did and join us in the challenge at Exploring Cricut.

I am also entering this is in DL.ART Thankful Thursday - Red or Pink and
In The Pink - Distressed ( I used distress ink to edge the clothing so the patterned paper would stand out better.)

Happy Creating.
Rae Ann


10 comments:

  1. I love banners and this one is just precious! Love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! The king and queen are darling:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous banner Rae Ann!!! I so love the queen and king! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rae Ann, you did a great job with this! I need this cartridge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your banner isawesome I love those little bears
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #102 red or pink challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your fabulous banner with it's gorgeous teddies... and thanks for taking the time to explain your use of DI's.

    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink... hope we see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rae Ann, this is STUNNING!! I just may have to steal this idea TFS :)

    Michelle (DT sister)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rae Ann - such a lovely design and sweet images - those Teddies are super-cute!

    Thank you for joining us at ITP - do pop by again!
    Hugs, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete