Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Friday, September 5, 2014

Tissue Box Cover for a Young Girl

Welcome.  I've decided to get back into cricut challenges again.  The challenge at Fantabulous Cricut is to make a Kid's theme project and this tissue box cover I just finished is just right for it.



 
The girl figures were cut from the Cricut Create a Friend cartridge, at 3 1/2 inches.  The corners on the top were cut at 1 inch from the Picturesque cartridge.  The vertical edges were made using a border punch on both sides of a 1 1/2 inch strip of paper.
The basic box was made from medium weight, acid-free cardstock which I purchased through Marcos Paper.
These boxes take a good bit of time but they come out so nice.  I also made one (minus the lace) for a young boy with sports figures from the same cartridge.
 
Thanks for checking it out.
Happy Creating.
Rae Ann

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute and you did a great job!! Thanks for playing with us this week at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so super cite I love all the girls and the added lace. I love it.
    Thank you for joining FCC “Kids theme” challenge this week. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L. DT member for FCC
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is adorable Rae Ann! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!
    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete