Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, July 7, 2014

My Tissue Box Cover for Exploring Cricut and More

Hello!  Months ago I created some Alice in Wonderland cuts from the Cricut Disney Classics cartridge.  I said then that I would probably use them on a tissue box cover.  I FINALLY DID IT!  It seemed to take forever to make the cover and to cut the background sheets and the edgings.  But, now that I've done it I can go through the process fairly easily.


I used the directions and measurements from splitcoaststampers/.  That is a super website for all kinds of instruction.
The cuts from Cricut's Disney Classic cartridge (say that fast) range from 3.5 inches to 4 inches.  For the vertical edges I cut a strip of paper 1.5 inches wide and  used an edge punch on both sides of it.  I scored down the middle and folded it so it would 'hug' the corners of the bos.
On top of the box I used the top of an actual tissue box to trace the oval opening and cut it out by hand.  (Now I have an oval cutter.)  In the corners I put 1 inch corner designs that I made with the Cricut Picturesque cartridge.  I had the lace in my stash.

Now that I made this one I have all kinds of ideas.  Imagine a box with animals from Create a Critter for a toddlers room or the heads of princesses for a little girl.  There are so many possible figures in the Everyday Paper Doll cartridge - a pirate theme, sports. ...  Don't forget the Pixar cars for boys.
Oh, if only I had enough time.
I hope you like this and might try to do one of your own. It's addicting.
.
Please continue to check in at Exploring Cricut and More to see what the rest of the design team has been doing.
Happy Creating

Rae Ann

2 comments:

  1. Omgosh this is so cute! I love this! Such a great idea, I need to do some Classic Disney cuts. I don't think I've even used that cartridge yet. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so totally cute Rae Ann!! I love the idea of making a tissue box with Disney characters on it!! Any little girl would so love to have an Alice in Wonderland tissue box of her own!!! :)

    ReplyDelete