Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, June 2, 2014

Father's Day Challenge at Exploring Cricut and More

Is it June already?  Time seems to be flying.  For this week's challenge create a card, layout, or paper craft that celebrates Father's Day.

For this card I used the Cricut Father's Day cartridge; I think I cut the truck at 3 inches..

The background was created with Impression Obsession's cover-a-card stamp (Thin lines), stamped in 2 directions.  The sentiment came from them also in the Greetings Galore set.

The Father's Day cartridge only makes 2 cuts to create this truck.  I glued it down on gray paper and cut around it by hand to make the tires opaque.  I used a gold gel pen in the headlights and added silver glitter to the tire hubs and the grill.  It really made a difference.

Inside I printed a sentiment that said,"Although this day was made to honor you it can never hold the love and thanks that you deserve."

Enter your Father's Day creation at Exploring Cricut and More.  We love getting inspiration from you, too.  Please, continue to visit every day.

Happy creating,
Rae Ann

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great idea for the tires and love the sentiment. TFS the idea:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love card! Thanks for always being a great part of our team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great truck! Love that stamped background and the idea for the tires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect image for Father's Day! The glitter was a terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Rae Ann!! Love that big truck and those great tires!! The sentiment is perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete