Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, April 28, 2014

Teen Cards for Exploring Cricut and More

Welcome back.  Today I have two cards I made from the Cricut Paper Doll Teen Scene cartridge; each figure was cut at 4 inches..
To put this handsome guy in context I used an idea from the All Sports cartridge to place the green 'field' on the card.  Then, I found the accessories I wanted in the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge.  In the Teen Scene cartridge the player is wearing his helmut.  I decided to have him holding it so his face could be seen.  A birthday sentiment is inside.



The pretty miss this is intended for is into fashion so I thought I'd just put a couple of things to represent that.  I used the Forever Young cartridge to create the tiny purse.  The sunglasses in that cartridge came out way too large so I went to Everyday Paper Dolls and found eyeglasses for one of the outfits and that worked out just fine.
Because I hadn't used a background paper the card was looking very dull - somethng missing - so I added the dashed lines around the edge and then around the squares as well.  It made a big difference.

I haven't used the Teen cartridge much but it worked out very well for these cards.  Thanks for stopping by to see them.  Take a peak at Exploring Cricut and More each day for ideas and inspiration and join us next Monday for another challenge.

Happy creating.
Rae Ann

1 comment:

  1. Great cards Rae Ann!! Love the football player and how you did the field and goalpost. The teen model is wonderful. Love the stitching you did. :)

    ReplyDelete