Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Back to School Challenge at Exploring Cricut

Where did the summer go?  A whole new season goes into swing with back-to-school time.  For this challenge, participants are asked to make a card, layout, or paper project with a 'Back to School' theme and including the colors red, green, white, black, orange, and yellow and a ribbon.



I decided to make a 5x7 step-card for mine.  The teen has 2 tiny books in her bag; the concept of school is shown in the little red schoolhouse and the apple tree beside it.  (You can't miss that it's not a modern school. LOL)

The teen is from Paper Doll Teen Scene; the tiny books are made from 3 Birds on Parade.  The school is from My Community.  The apple tree is from Freshly Picked.  The greenery is from Everyday Paper Dolls.

The yellow in mine is more of a mustard yellow.  The orange is the bow in her hair.  That was a lot of colors to account for

Let us see your interpretation of this challenge at Exploring Cricut and visit each day to see what design team members are doing.  Thanks for stopping by.

Happy creating.
Rae Ann

7 comments:

  1. Your card is fantastic Rae Ann! Lots of detail . Thanks for being on our team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous scene Rae Ann! Love how you got your cuts from different carts and still worked together perfectly! Great attention to detail, well done!
    TFs
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the details on your card! I like that you were thinking outside the box using different cartridges:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-great step card with fabulous detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your step card Rae Ann!! The school house is great and love the teen!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card...I love the little red schoolhouse! Reminds me of those days long forgotten!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG-this looks so cool!!! The schoolhouse makes me feel nostalgic.....love all the different elements from different carts you pulled together for this!
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete