Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Christmas card for the Come & Get It Challenge

The Come and Get It Challenge theme is a card with more than one fold.  I had never made a twisted easel card so I made several to get the hang of it.  I found a tutorial on YouTube that explained how to do it with an A2 size card, which is what I usually make and I like the result.  Here's a close-up of the card front.  An open card picture follows, below.

 
 
 
Because the background is pretty lively I decided to do a silhouette style image.  I used the little girl and presents images from Cricut's A Quilted Christmas cartridge and a  $1 Greeting Stamp I found at AC Moore.  The holly that the easel rests on is a K&S embellishment.
 
 
 
 
 
To see other entries of cards with more than one fold at Come at Get It Challenge, click here.
 
I realized that this would be appropriate for the Little Scrap Pieces theme, too, so I am entering it in the 'use black' challenge. Click here to go to the Little Scrap Pieces challenge.
 
Happy Creating,
 
Rae Ann

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous fold card!

    Thanks for joining us at Come And Get Challenges!

    Shell~Alaska♥
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love the vivid colors really brings attention to your super cute little girl. Thank you so very much for joining the Fun "Black" Friday challenge. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rae Ann! Thank you so much for popping by to say hi!! Love this card. I've yet to try my hand at one of these. This is very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete