Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Tag It! Simon Says Challenge Blog

This tag is a combination of experiments.  I am entering it in the Simon Says Challeng Blog.


I cut the tag from design paper using the Cricut Picturesque cartridge.  The flourish loops are from this cartridge also. 
The bird is done in grayscale; I'm experimenting with digital art.  It came from a free digital kit included with the book, Paper + Pixels.  The kit is called 'Touch of Funk' by Kim Christenson. 
The flower was created based on a video link a friend sent me.  It is the Lite Workshop 3 by Linda Manning Findley at Altered Art Online Workshops.  I used cuts from the George and Basic Shapes and Linda's technique to create the flower.
I threaded the sheer ribbon along the right side of the tag and up to the top.  The left side of the tag I destressed using Tim Holtz's Vintage Photo distress ink.
Lace from Jo  Ann's on the bottom and some pearls and charms at the top and Voila!

To see more of the entries at Simon Says, click here.

Happy Creating!
Rae Ann

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag! Love the vintage look it has! Pure perfection!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    Hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a beautiful tag! Love the vintage elements! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rae Ann, your tag is simply GORGEOUS!! I love the bird and the pretty lace and ribbons -- what a GREAT design!! :)

    Hugs,
    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com

    ReplyDelete